Grand Divisions

Tennessee Equality Project seeks to advance and protect the civil rights of our State’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons and their families in each Grand Division.

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Guv's in Chattanooga talking about long-term care

Gov. Bredesen was in the Chattanooga area today leading a panel discussion of the proposed Long Term Care Community Choices Act. Others on the panel included the mayor of Chattanooga and the mayor of Hamilton County. http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/25/governor-bredesen-hears-caregiver-concerns-long-te/

In particular he was focusing on caregiver concerns about long-term care issues. I keep hearing Tennessee is 20 years behind most of states in this area. It's a frightening prospect as I head toward 40 and beyond. I really like Tennessee and can see myself retiring here.

Interestlingly enough, a friend of mine has been "out West" looking at a gay retirement community. Yes, they exist. It would be nice to believe that either (a) we might have one by the time I retire or (b) that it won't be an issue by then. I'm not holding my breath, though.

No comments: