|Open your home and invite your |
friends to a House Party for TEP
Become a grass roots leader among equality advocates in your community by hosting a House Party for TEP. Each one of us has friends and/or family who will support us in this effort. Let's draw upon them to form Host Committees and transform Tennessee from one end of the state to the other.
Plan your event before the legislature ends its session in late spring and choose one or more of the bills that TEP is currently tracking in the state legislature as a focus. Tennessee Equality Project is supporting positive legislation in the 107th Tennessee General Assembly that would:
- Strengthen anti-bullying initiatives in Tennessee’s K-12 schools
- Repeal a current state law which prohibits amendment of gender on birth certificates
- Add gender identity or expression to current State hate crime law
- Add sexual orientation and gender identity and expression to current human rights law
- Ban local governments from enacting non-discrimination provisions for their communities
- Prohibit age-appropriate discussion and materials about homosexuality in public schools
- Provide special protections for school bullying based on religious or political bias.
Be creative. Whether your event is large or small, we can all do our part to support the advancement and protection of equality of LGBT people and their families in Tennessee.