GLAAD Media Essentials is designed to provide individuals and organizations the tools necessary to meet their communications goals through effective media work. The training on August 20 will help LGBT leaders in Tennessee with some of the following:
- Learn about media opportunities you or your organization can use to expand your base and get your message to your target audience
- Create a communications plan you can use to move public opinion about your issues
- Develop a media vocabulary so you can speak clearly and effectively with journalists
- Build relationships with media professionals
- Become a resource for media outlets
- Learn simple, consistent ways to develop talking points you can shape for different media outlets
- Learn how to write press releases, op-eds, letters to the editor and other kinds of communication with the media
- Get comfortable with print, television and radio interviews
WHO IS THIS TRAINING FOR? TEP invites leaders of LGBT-friendy organizations like PFLAG, Gay-Straight Alliances, Pride organizations, community centers, chambers of commerce, churches - any organizations that promotes the welfare of LGBT people and their families in Tennessee.
register online by August 10 to ensure that we can accommodate everyone.
DATE: Saturday, August 20, 2011
START TIME: 10 AM
END TIME: 12 Noon
PLACE: St. Anne's Episcopal Church, 419 Woodland Street, Nashville, TN 37206-4207
View Larger Map