Grand Divisions

Tennessee Equality Project seeks to advance and protect the civil rights of our State’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons and their families in each Grand Division.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Former Metro employee shares story of discrimination

The following story, submitted by a former Metro employee, makes a compelling case for a clear non-discrimination policy that covers sexual orientation and gender identity.

"I am a former Metro employee. I held a Director level position for approximately three years at a Metro Nashville-Davidson County Department. I came to Metro with a 20 year background working in city & county government and 15 years experience specific to my specific field. I was excited to move to Nashville and honored when I became a Metro employee. Sadly after a few years I was no longer excited. In fact, I was discouraged, disappointed, and even a little disgusted. Worst of all, I had become disconnected from who I was and what I believed in personally and professionally. My story below describes my experience and the atmosphere I faced at work which eventually led to my launching a job search, leaving Metro and ultimately Tennessee."

To continue reading, follow this link.



No comments: