Grand Divisions

Tennessee Equality Project seeks to advance and protect the civil rights of our State’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons and their families in each Grand Division.

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Dolly Parton's soft endorsement of Sarah Palin

Just when you thought the election couldn't get any more (fill in the blank), Dolly Parton dishes on Sarah Palin:

"I always say we're very much alike," says the normally bipartisan Parton. Parton goes on to tell "Extra": "(We're) both small town girls, both a Pentecostalism and we both carry an AK-47."

Maybe the connection goes deeper. She did sing the title song from the movie "Straight Talk." I wonder whether we'll start seeing Dolly's picture on the Straight Talk Express or hearing these lyrics slipping into Palin's speeches:

Gimme some straight talk, straight talk -- and hold the sugar please
Straight talk, straight talk -- sounds plenty sweet to me
Don't talk to me in circles in some mumbo-jumbo jive
Gimme just straight talk, straight talk and we're gonna be alright

'Cause I like to know just where I stand, I don't like guessing games
And I hate a bunch of gibberish, so just spit it out real plain
Don't use big educated words from your BS Degree
Straight talk, straight talk -- don't try B.S.-ing me



No comments: