- Stagger City Council terms and establish term limits for the Mayor and Council members.
- Establish procedures for city Mayoral vacancies.
- Allow for suspension of elected or appointed city officials with pay when charged or indicted for an ethical or legal violation or misconduct .
- Require voter approval to sell MLGW (a public utility).
- Allow for Instant Runoff Elections for City Mayor and City Council.
- Allow voter recall of City Council members.
- Require that all appointed officials in city government be City residents.
- Establishes the constitutionality of five elected county offices - sheriff, trustee, clerk, assessor and register.
- Limit the above five county offices to two four-year terms.
Learn more about these proposed amendments here.