Grand Divisions

Tennessee Equality Project seeks to advance and protect the civil rights of our State’s gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender persons and their families in each Grand Division.

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Fuming in Nashville

I've been running on fumes most of the weekend. I finally got gas today at the Bellevue Kroger. The wait was only 20 minutes, which wasn't bad at all. The process was organized with attendants directing traffic.

Quite a contrast from Friday night! Knowing I wouldn't be able to find any gas, Bobby and I took his car to get a milkshake. Up ahead the police were already working one accident and I saw the results of another one that had just taken place. I'm not surprised by the rumors of fighting at the pumps.

It's hard to say at this point whether Friday night or Sunday afternoon is going to be typical of the next few months. It's amazing how much unrest is just beneath the surface.

No comments: